The latest street art news, artist interviews, gallery exhibitions and photos from the Barcelona urban art scene.
Street Art Barcelona is a collaborative platform created to support & promote the Barcelona art scene.
At the end of February, our friends from B-Murals presented a new mural by the Spanish Ana Barriga as the closing of their collective exhibition Tàpia. This show, curated by Axel Void, presents the works of 24 national and international artists representing the neo-muralism movement, a branch of urban art offen associated with figurative and contemporary realism.
This mural by Ana Barriga was painted in Espacio30 in La Sagrera district. It represents two porcelain objects found by the artist herself in a second hand markets like El Rastro in Madrid where she lives. Using different techniques (spray, acrylic, oil) and vivid colors, Ana spreads here a universal message of love and fraternity in her unique “trash-pop” style. We’re happy to present you some photos of the mural and a video of the process, until we can discover it in real life as soon as the streets are ours again.
In January of this year, we had the honor to welcome and curate the first mural in Spain of the French duo Monkeybird. The two artists based in Paris are specialized in large scale stencils which they all cut and produce manually (no machine-cut stencil). They spent three days to paint this new permanent mural which incorporates a monkey and a humanoid bird representing “the two faces of humanity; the monkey is the realistic face and the bird is the dreamer”. Stencil art to the fullest!
- At the end of February, our friends from B-Murals presented …Read More »
- The Polish and Barcelona-based artist Magda Cwik has been travelling …Read More »
- At the beginning of 2020, the street artist from Canary …Read More »
- Following the Tàpia collective exhibition organized by B-Murals and curated …Read More »
- The Catalan artists Cristian Blanxer & Pierapapeltijera enriched Berlin’s cityscape with a new …Read More »
- This summer, our friend and artist Irene Lopez Leon from …Read More »
- Zosen & Mina Hamada, two long residents in Barcelona and …Read More »
- This is the creation progess of ‘Asfixia’, the mural intervention …Read More »
- Para cerrar 2018, os presentamos el ultimo mural ‘Festa’ pintado …Read More »
- “Viajero del tiempo” es la ultima colaboración para la sesión …Read More »
Recent blog posts & News
- In January of this year, we had the honor to …Read More »
- EN Let’s start 2020 with a new event we are …Read More »
- Sometimes some exhibitions come to lighten up a cold month …Read More »
- For our new live painting in Guzzo, we will make …Read More »
- Al principio del año 2019 se organizo el festival de …Read More »
- Nuestro último Live Painting del año en Guzzo está llegando y estamos …Read More »
- The last work of Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada as part of his …Read More »
- ES Nuestras sesiones de pintura en vivo vuelven al Guzzo con una …Read More »
- WOMART, a project created by Rebobinart that aims to recognise female artists, …Read More »
- ES Street Art Barcelona & Guzzo presentan al artista urbano GÔMEZ para una nueva noche …Read More »