The latest street art news, artist interviews, gallery exhibitions and photos from the Barcelona urban art scene.
Street Art Barcelona is a collaborative platform created to support & promote the Barcelona art scene.
In 2016, The Crystal Ship dropped anchor in the city of Ostend. Ever since, the arts festival has turned the coastal town into Belgium’s leading open-air gallery, with over a dozen world-renowned street artists setting sail for it every year. In 2020, the artist from Barcelona Elisa Capdevila was invited to paint one mural in the outskirt of the city.
Elisa paints impressionist murals with an uncanny resemblance to the Flemish Masters. She took fellow artist Alba with her and painted a gigantic sleeping baby on the wall of Bluebridge, an incubator that stimulates businesses in the blue economy. The themes this young Spanish woman always incorporates into her work are childhood, nostalgia and family. Pocket-sized artists, oversized murals.
Via The Crystal Ship
For this year’s edition of Gargar festival (postponed to September for obvious reasons), the small village of Penelles in Catalunya has invited a group of local and international artists to paint various of its murals, in addition to the already existing 100 murals (for 400 inhabitants!) painted the previous years. With three exhibitions and different public events, the program included ten interventions from artists showing the diversity and variety of style urban art can offer: Slimsafont showing the impact of the festival itself on the life of the village, Zabou doing a tribute to paste-up art and a fellow artist, the cartoon-graffiti style of Oreo, JayBisual and Zeso, the artwork of Berni Puig doing a pictorial reinterpretation of the map of Penelles in the church of the village, and more.. Here is a summary of these interventions.
Photos by the artists & Lluis Olivé
- In 2016, The Crystal Ship dropped anchor in the city …Read More »
- Ese mes de Septiembre, el artista Teo Vázquez ha sido …Read More »
- At the end of February, our friends from B-Murals presented …Read More »
- The Polish and Barcelona-based artist Magda Cwik has been travelling …Read More »
- At the beginning of 2020, the street artist from Canary …Read More »
- Following the Tàpia collective exhibition organized by B-Murals and curated …Read More »
- The Catalan artists Cristian Blanxer & Pierapapeltijera enriched Berlin’s cityscape with a new …Read More »
- This summer, our friend and artist Irene Lopez Leon from …Read More »
- Zosen & Mina Hamada, two long residents in Barcelona and …Read More »
- This is the creation progess of ‘Asfixia’, the mural intervention …Read More »
Recent blog posts & News
- For this year’s edition of Gargar festival (postponed to September …Read More »
- Sixe Paredes vuelve a exponer en Barcelona 9 años después, …Read More »
- Ese año el festival Avant Garde tudela nos ha hecho …Read More »
- In January of this year, we had the honor to …Read More »
- EN Let’s start 2020 with a new event we are …Read More »
- Sometimes some exhibitions come to lighten up a cold month …Read More »
- For our new live painting in Guzzo, we will make …Read More »
- Al principio del año 2019 se organizo el festival de …Read More »
- Nuestro último Live Painting del año en Guzzo está llegando y estamos …Read More »
- The last work of Jorge Rodriguez-Gerada as part of his …Read More »